252. A great day ...

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Yes, today was a very good day, and I meant to post in here a bit earlier, but I got a bit distracted. I ventured into my first Divas Brainstorming chat, and I think I have ideas to work off of for a contest I am shooting to enter. I only heard about the contest back on Monday, and the deadline is Saturday. Good thing it is only for a 600 word erotic flash short, or I might be in trouble!

I bounced off of some of the other divas in attendance, and it was good being in such a good supportive and fun environment with like-minded people. I love talking about my writing, the ins and outs of it, with other writers. Sometimes I think when I talk to my friends about it that we sometimes don't connect.

Today, I received something in the mail that made all the work I've been doing the last few months worth it. Those that follow this blog regularly know how much time and effort I've put into both my review site and my work elsewhere. Well, today I finally saw the results of those efforts, and I am very pleased. I was able to show my dad, the ever doubter, that I was getting somewhere. It was just taking me a bit longer to get there.

Now to get the fiction going. I'm working on it. One thing at a time. I hope you're all well. Have a wonderful Wednesday.

2 comments:

I saw that chat was on last night but got distracted. They chat every Tuesday?

Regina Avalos said...

I believe so! This was my first chat.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind