273. Trying to get back on track

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

It's amazing how one thing can change everything. Still no sign of my cat, and it is weird not having him around. This cat was literally attached to my hip 24/7. He was never five feet from me if I was home. I'm not giving up hope. I've heard stories of cats finding their way back to their homes months after they had run off. So I'll be patiently waiting for him to hopefully return. In a month or two, I know in my mind the chances will get slimmer, and I do plan on getting another kitten. Partially to keep my younger cat happy, but partially for me too. I'm used to having two felines running under foot.

I'm trying to get back into things. I'm working on my site first, and then I'll pick the fiction back up. With the events of the last week, I haven't been a very good mentee, but my mentor has been very understanding. I'm sure things will pick back up soon on that end. Linda has been very helpful, and she has already given me some great suggestions on how to improve my writing. I just need to get my head back into the game.

I also keep pondering Phaze's new Surge contest. An idea I had been planning on writing once I was done with my current WIP would be a perfect fit for the contest, but I'm not sure if I want to add yet another WIP on top of the others I'm already working on. I'm giving it some more though, and I guess I'll wait and see what happens next. The past week three has totally thrown me out of whack, but I think it really helped me focus my priorities as well. I hope you're all well. Have a great night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a cat that was definitely able to find its way "home."

When we moved, we brought Killer with us, and he promptly disappeared.

We did not see him again until we had occasion to be back at out former home-where we found him, sitting on the porch.

I don't know how he did it, but he did it. And he's still there-I occasionally go over there just to see how he's doing (neighborhood feeds him-he's something of a celebrity there now.)

Bebe said...

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Bobo. Maybe it is his way of backpacking through Europe after college.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind