Hear It On Twitter First

Monday, August 04, 2008

That is what I'm learning. It seems when news breaks, it becomes viral within moments if you are on twitter and follow a lot of people. Last week when we had the California earthquake, residents in the area immediately went to their twitters and shared about it. I knew about the earthquake almost within moments. I could have been there and felt it myself for how fast I knew it.

Later in the week, Problogger was banned from Stumbleupon and because of Twitter and a post submitted to Digg, he was reinstated almost within the hour. I looked at my tweets, and there had been a firestorm about the ban.

Today, the topic that hit everyone fast was the news of Morgan Freeman's car accident. Twitter seems to be instant news. If you want instant feedback, go to twitter, and people will respond. I seem to be spending more time there these days, but time always seems to be so short!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stopping by for BYBS. I gave in to using Twitter. It is quicker than reading blogs. I miss the community aspect, though.

Sweet Pea 48 said...

Have to check it out!

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind