63. Hump Day Ramblings

Wednesday, June 08, 2005



Mood: calm
Music: Anna Nalick


First off, thanks to those that took the time yesterday or earlier today about the situation with the story I'm working on at the moment. I think I'll just write and see what happens. I would have other places to submit it if needed, and the one I had slotted for it is one time payout anthology. This story is meaning more to me the more I write it. The main character, Kaelin the humanoid from the other world, just speaks to me so clearly. Now I'm trying to write from the other male's point of view. Its set in the future, and Kaelin has traveled to Earth from his world looking for another place for his people to live. During an acid rain storm, he comes across what he thinks is an empty house. Only it isn't, and that's where I am right now.

I didn't get to work on the story last night. One of my writing partners came on, and I lost myself in some roleplay for awhile. It'd been awhile since we had visited our couple, so it was nice to fal back into that character and just write. I love doing that. Plus, it was out of one of our roleplay sessions where I had the idea for my gay romance novella take shape. Sigh! I need to get back to working on that. Ethan likes to hide from me more often than not. I have no idea why he does that!

Onto the RWA issue. Not going to talk about it much this time. I left a comment on the entry that discussed how I feel about it. I just wanted to link this for those that might not have seen it. Alison posted a letter written by those powers that be over at RWA about the graphical standards issue. If you're interested, you can find it here.

This week I've picked up two great CD's that have not left my CD player since I got them. Codlplay's latest, X & Y, which is utterly amazing, and Anna Nalick's CD. Also one I'm enjoying a great deal. Both CD's have softer music which makes it easier to have them playing in the background when I'm writing. I love listening to music as I write.

Before I go, another posting from the ERWF blog circle.

ERWF Press Release from Member Julia Talbot

Author Julia Talbot's greatest passions run to food, hats, history and cowboys. Two of the four are represented in her new releases for June 2005. From Torquere Press comes a Screwdriver imprint novel titled Post Obsessions, a Georgian era tale of lust and need that begins with a series of steamy letters and ends with an abiding love. Something about powdered wigs and tight pants makes that era one to really sink your erotic sweet tooth into. Maybe it's the intrigue. Or maybe it just feeds the men who aren't afraid to wear make-up fetish.

The cowboy obsession comes out in short story featured in Rode Hard and Put Away Wet, an anthology of lesbian cowboy tales from Suspect Thoughts Press. Edited by Rakelle Valencia and Sacchi Green, the anthology is sure to please anyone who likes their women rough and tough and unafraid of hard work. Julia's story, titled Sweethearts of the Rodeo, is all about vicious competition in the world of a rodeo princess.

Both books have scheduled release dates of June 15, 2005. Post Obsessions will be available in ebook format for $2.99. Rode Hard will come out in trade paperback for $16.95. Help Julia feed the food and hat collections and check them out!

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind