Just A Push

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The past few weeks I haven't been feeling my best at all. I've been sick on and off, and it has made me tired and cranky. This weekend was the worst of it, and Monday was just horrible. I couldn't sleep at all the night before, so I woke up on Monday morning not ready to face the day at all. Some thing good did happen that day though. I received my first royalty check from the release of my short story, The Real Deal. People actually bought my story. I know that might make people laugh when I say it, but as a new fiction author you wonder if people will actually buy what you write.

Apparently, quite a few did. I won't get into exact numbers because that is for me to know, but I'm pleased, and it is making me want to write more. I just need to get over whatever this bug I have. It keeps draining my energy. That makes it hard to write. I'm still waiting to hear back from the Desdmona contest as well. The announcement of who won there is being delayed until next Tuesday. I'm anxiously waiting the news there. I'm not sure I'll do well, but I'd like to. I have my fingers crossed for it anyway. My mind is just in a different place when it comes to my writing. I want to really move forward with it now. Seeing that check in my hand gave me a little push. If I do well in the contest, that would be an even bigger push. Sometimes all you need is some motivation.

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind