09: The Commonly Confused Words Test

Thursday, April 07, 2005

OKCupid! The Commonly Confused Words Test: "
Advanced
You scored 85% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 60% Expert!

You have an extremely good understanding of beginner, intermediate, and advanced level commonly confused English words, getting at least 75% of each of these three levels' questions correct. This is an exceptional score. Remember, these are commonly confused English words, which means most people don't use them properly. You got an extremely respectable score.

Thank you so much for taking my test. I hope you enjoyed it!


For the complete Answer Key, visit my blog: http://shortredhead78.blogspot.com/.





I found this quick test quite interesting. A friend of mine told me she was taking it, so I decided to try. As a writer, I was hoping to do well, and I did. The weird thing is, I thought I would do even better than I did. As high as my scores were, I'm sitting here wondering if I know as much as I think I do. A writer uses words on a daily basis. They are a part of the profession we've chosen to taken under. Of course, when one writes, it always goes underneath some amount of scrutiny by the publisher or editor before the words are shown to their world. However, the writer has to be responsible for knowing as much as they possibly can.

Writing and words is one of those things you are forever leaning about. Just like there are things in life you are constantly leaning about. The people in your life, the events that occur on a daily basis make life this continual learning process.

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind