14. What kind of books do I like to read?

Sunday, April 17, 2005







The Warm Cozy
Hmm, very interesting! You scored 133!
Well liked, and so well loved that the binding is worn through. Strong character is the driving force of the story and indeed what draws such high sales. A little suspense spices up a predictably happy ending, so you make for great reading on a rainy day in front of a roaring fire – very cozy indeed. People are known to pack you in with their luggage because they want a real treat while on holiday. A warm cozy is always good company.


Link: The What Kind Of Book Are You Test written by saucygirl on Ok Cupid


I found this quiz on another blog I was reading this morning, and I decided to take it real quick. I'm always reading. Reading and writing seem to go together hand in hand. A writer can't get by without reading. Reading to the writer becomes more than just reading, especially when the writer reads things in the genre they hope to pursue. You read to see what works and what doesn't. You read to see how other authors put things together.

Yesterday, I began reading White Oleander. I'm not even twenty pages in, and I'm already finding myself sucked into the story, even though I've seen the movie in the past. The book shows the reader so much more than the movie did. The movie is totally visual, and the book creates even more visuals with words instead, and those words are powerful and moving.

I love good reads. I love books in which you can lose yourself in for hours, and not even realize. I love all types of books, everything from suspense, horror and of course romance. As long as the book is well written and the story can indeed suck me in then I am willing to put in the time necessary in order to read.

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind