44. TGIF

Friday, May 20, 2005

I didn't make it to my blog yesterday other than the entry with my review of Episode III. The movie was excellent, and I was already to come home at two in the afternoon, and get down to work on things. I usually come on around that time, so I was still on track with my daily schedule, but yesterday was just one of those days my daily schedule was not going to be followed. One of those things came up that needed my attention. I happen to moderate a few lists over on Yahoo. Non-writing related ones, and usually running them takes no time at all. Approve membership, keep an eye on emails so no one gets too snarky. You know the usual. Well, when it is a moderately popular fan list for something, and one of those that is a bit in the know speaks out about the future of the reason why all the people joined in the first place, things go crazy. One email has now made its way from the list to all over the Internet.

Dealing with that gave me a headache, and there was no hope of me getting anything done. I did make some more edits on my Torquere contest piece, and that has now been sent out. I had a few eyes look at it, and I'll have to wait a little under two weeks to see what happens. Crosses fingers. This weekend I want to start something. I have the edits on the one novella to get back to, but I feel like working on something. I've got my one male/male WIP, and I'm playing with ideas in my head for that. I think it is probably about half way done.I still have Paradise sitting on the back shelf, and a few other ideas I'm bouncing around. I need to work on another flasher for a Logical Lust contest.

The other night I was sitting here wondering if it would be just easier to work a so-called normal job. A nine-to-fiver. Get up every morning, go to work, come home from work. Eat dinner. Go to sleep. Repeat. I'm not one that likes so much structure. I've never really been good at the whole nine-to-five thing. I was wondering if it would be easier though. This writing thing really isn't easy, and I'm still pretty new to it. Even if I have published a few things here and there. I'm still learning. We all are when it comes right down to it. Writing and improving on the skill you have as a writer is a never ending process in my opinion. I know I have my own weaknesses. One of them being passive voice. I'm working on getting better because I know active looks and reads better, but I seem to always fall back to passive. I'm working on it. We all have those things that we need to work on. What's yours?

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind