262. The cough that won't die ...

Thursday, January 12, 2006

That's what I have now. I'm feeling better, but this cough has settled in my chest, and it isn't going away. I know one day I'll wake up and it'll be gone. For now, I'm dealing with it because I really am feeling better. Things are really starting to pick up work wise with entertainment news coming out every which way most days, and the shows are also making their return. This all makes for a busy girl.

I'm knocking on wood here, but I'm hoping COX has fixed their connection issues in my area.  I haven't had any noticeable problems in forty-eight hours. Back on Tuesday, the system went totally insane for a couple of hours, others even noticed it and made mention of it on one of the cable boards I go to, but once that was done things seemed to work. I had no problems yesterday, and today so far so good. I'll probably bug the billing department in a few days to see if they can help me out for all the time and problems I had the first month of service. It's worth a shot anyway.

On the writing front, other than my assigned writing, things are at a halt. I actually tried to write something in one of my WIP's the other night too. I felt well enough, and I wanted to. Then I sat there staring at the screen, as I tried to decide which story to work on, and nothing jumped out at me. I was a total blank. I have three or four WIP's I've started since the summer, and the stories are all ones that I love to death. Things just seemed to come up in real life, and I got distracted. Then I started something new, and I never went back to the story I started in the first place.

I want to stop that cycle, or at least lessen it somewhat. That is why I made finishing a story one of my goals for this year. It is a big problem. Plus, during the week things are just insane with my writing gigs that I know between Tuesday and Thursday every week, I probably won't have any time at all to devote to my fiction. I'll have to make an extra push during the weekends, and I'm going to start this weekend.

I am going to go through my current WIP's, and I am going to go through and look at the current calls for submissions and I'm going to make a plan of attack. I know I need to. I'll have my mentor from the mentor program at Divas assigned to me sometime this weekend, and I want to take that seriously. I'll have to explain to my mentor about my schedule and what I need to have done each week, and then go on from there.

I just know I need to get back on track. The muses are just awfully quiet right now. Thanks to everyone for the get-well wishes. I knew it had to happen sometime. It's been awhile since my last cold. Hope you're all well. Tonight is my busiest night of the week with three shows on for me to review. Check out my review site for recaps and reviews of this week's Supernatural and Lost.

2 comments:

Nienke Hinton said...

Hi Regina:
I'm glad I found your site (blog hopping). I'm also a full-time non-ficion writer/editor trying to pursue my passion of writing fiction.
It's hard when you write and sit behind a computer all day to come home and do the same, even though the inspiration comes from a different well. In any case, I wish you all the best in your pursuit and will come back often to check up on your progress!
Have a great weekend, keep writing!

Crystal* said...

OMG!
I was googling "L Word" and found a review by you about the end of Season 2 and the beginning of Season 3. Let me just say...I LOVED IT!
You hit the tone perfectly, and I absolutely enjoyed the review.
I've only read another one of your reviews once, but I can see you have the talent for it.
Glad you are feeling better!
Grins*

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind