264. Wanting more

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Oh wow it's been awhile since I posted in here. I apologize. As I mentioned, Monday was my birthday. I turned 30, and I decided to take the day off. Then things just got crazy work wise this week. I've been on the go nonstop since Tuesday morning. I've also been waiting to see who my mentor would be from the Romance Divas mentor program. At first, there was a small problem trying to find me someone because of the genre I write, but I am happy to report I now have a mentor, and I couldn't be happier. I think this might be the thing to get me from unpublished to published fiction wise. Someone who has been there, and can spot the things in my work that I'm missing. I really want to succeed with my fiction like I have with my nonfiction.

I've also been giving things a lot of thought. I guess I saw turning thirty as a big turning point in my life. Thirty is some huge number to me for some reason. It crosses some boundary from young adult to true adult. I'm still young at heart, but I just seem myself wanting more out of life. I want to push myself to succeed. I want to do more with my life than I have done up to this point. I need to.

I think when I was younger I imagined myself being further in my life than I am now. I'm not unhappy with my place in life because I think this is where I'm meant to be. The ups and downs, the highs and the lows had to happen to make me the person that I am today. I wouldn't change a single bit of it really. Not all of it has been pleasant, but it's my life. I like my life. I just want more out of it now, and I'm the only one that can get the more that I want.

I hope you're all well. I'll be better about updating. Things have just been a bit crazed as I said. Check out my review for new recaps of this week's Supernatural, Lost, American Idol, The L Word and Grey's Anatomy. Also check out my new Blog of the Week, Miss Ann Thrope!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina,

Wait until 40! The 30s are the best. It sounds like you have your ducks in a row. I'm really enjoying your musings.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind