293. Half empty or half full?

Sunday, April 23, 2006

When you look at a glass, is it half empty or half full? Are you more positive or negative? Now I'm not saying you have to be one or the other all the time. We all have our days where our moods just aren't the best. Sometimes something happens that just ruins our moods and puts us off course. That's fine. It is going to happen. I mean when someone always seems to look at things and life in general as the most negative. Nothing is ever positive. No matter what the situation. Instead of looking for the bright side of something, they point out the negative.

I've done this in the past myself, so I really don't have any room to talk about it much. I realized it wasn't healthy in time though. If you always look at things negatively, life won't be as good as it can be. I sometimes look at the people around me, and I wonder how they could look at life as they do. They have their reasons for it, and I won't say they aren't entitled, but life can be good you know? Life can be as good as only you can make it. If you're content to sit and wallow in whatever negativity is around you then so be it, but I know I personally won't do it anymore.

I guess I've personally closed off a lot lately from a lot of people. I wasn't as happy as I could be, so I worked towards making myself happy. I'm the type that believes only you can really create happiness in your life. Others can help, but some are the way that no matter what happiness in life is presented to them they still aren't happy. I find myself wanting to distance myself even more, or perhaps I'm noticing the distancing others have from me. You know when you can sense something is off, so in turn you back away as well. That's what I feel like doing, and in fact I've already done so.

I'm not the same person I always was. A year ago, I was the type to always look for the negative in life, and now I look for the good in life. If something isn't making me happy, then I fix it. If that means leaving it behind then so be it. I think when I started focusing on my writing more, it changed a lot of things. Now I only need to work on balancing my work related writing with my fiction writing. I know the next few weeks with the end of the television season will be busy. Things have been a bit slow the last couple of weeks, but that will change some this week with two of the shows I review returning. Once the end of May arrives, I'll take some time to focus on my fiction while covering only a few summer shows on my review site.

Right now, my main focus is American Idol. The show is hot right now, and as things continue on til its end, things will only heat up more. I cover American Idol on both my review site and news blog, but let me ask this really quickly here too. Those of you out there watching and reading here: who is your favorite on American Idol in the top six? For me, I like Chris Daughtry and Katharine McPhee the most. I think they have what it takes to make it to the top three. Hopefully, they do.

I haven't been working as much on my fiction this month, but I'm really hoping to change that soon. I've had my allergies kicking up something awful, and with the heat rising I've been getting headaches again. I'm keeping up with my work related writing because you have to keep to deadlines and schedules, but my fiction is suffering. I don't really have much of a schedule there. I thought about setting one, but that doesn't seem to work for me. Anyway, I think I've written in here long enough today! Check out my new Blog of the Week, Southern Expressions, the blog of a southern writer just starting her writing path. Make sure you to stop by and check out Andrea's blog!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your new attitude!!

Oh and for American Idol? Chris, baby!

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind