185. The voices are silent

Thursday, October 06, 2005

So last night I was feeling a bit on the blah side. I had finished my reviews for the night, and for some reason I wasn't all that happy with one of them. Noticed a typo when I came online this morning and smacked my head. Typos happen though. We're not perfect in any case. After I finished my reviews though, I tried to summon the voices that live in my head to work some on one of my WIP's and they were completely and totally silent. I know I usually don't get much done around the beginning of the month on my fiction, but I usually can still think about what is ahead and plan a little, but now the voices are silent. This bugs me. I know they will return, but it still bugs me.

I've also been noticing lately how much of writing is really a waiting game. The writing isn't the only part of it. Then you have everything else. The long hours of promotion, the waiting and waiting for those emails to come back to you from editors and publications that you sent submissions too. Some don't even have the common courtesy to respond at all. So you're left to wonder. Generally with online e-zines, if I don't hear back in 3-6 months, it is a good shot they weren't interested. I only know that book publishers take a long time.

This makes me a not so very patient person very frustrated, and I guess I feel my frustration growing. Possible this has also caused the voices in my head to go silent. I'm not really all that sure. I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.

Tonight on TV, we have ER and Night stalker. OC is off until after the playoffs. I might pop on over and catch Alias tonight. Last night, I posted recaps for the finale of So You Think You Can Dance and Lost over on my review blog. You can catch those both here.

Have a great night everyone.

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind