188. So I went missing yesterday ...

Monday, October 10, 2005

I decided to take a blog day off. I've been writing in here daily since March, and I think I've only missed three or four days. Maybe a few more, but I know it hasn't been all that many. I came online with every intention of updating yesterday, but each time I came to update to my blog I just didn't have much to say. By the time 6pm rolled around, I decided to just take the day off. I've been having a problem writing in here the last week or so, but I think that was just because of the general writing funk I'd been in. I think I might be slowly be breaking through that, but I'm not all that sure yet. I am worried about jinxing it really.

I think the past week or two has been me adjusting to the changes again. My review blog took off like I never expected it would - nearing ten thousand hits. It should hit that some time this week. I'm actually already trying to think ahead for the future there. The slow summer months for television are already popping up on my radar. I'm sure some programs will pop up. So You Think You Can Dance will probably make a return this summer. I used to think ahead for my fiction like this, but now my mind is adjusting to focus on this for a bit. I need to train my mind to think about both. I have daily entries over on my Media Village blog too. Well - mostly daily. I write the daily buzz in television news and entertainment in that blog six days a week. not much happens on the weekends! I think that might be what is interfering with my blog writing here. After I write in there, I don't know what to write in here. I might take one or two days off a week in this blog just so I don't burn myself out.

So yesterday I took it easy watched and listened to football. My team played at home yesterday, and this time they did air it on the radio. I live about ten minutes from the stadium, so if they score I can hear the fireworks go off from my bedroom. I've never been to a live football game though. I've only been to a few baseball games over the years, and I spent most of those games focusing my binoculars on the rear ends of said players on the field. Well, its true! The game here yesterday pissed me off though because my team, the AZ Cardinals, started off great and then fell apart. They had a 14 pt lead at one point, and then lost it. So I wasn't all that happy about that. Hopefully the bye week they have this will let them get themselves together. I did see the Packers did well which made me happy. Always have loved Favre. I have favorite players spread over many teams, and he happens to be one of them. He did good yesterday.

Over on Today's Buzz on my media blog, I wrote about a short commercial film that is set to start airing in Belgium sometime this week. The short film features the Smurfs. One moment they are happy, and the next they are running for their lives as their village is bombarded by bombs. The only survivor is Baby Smurf. The short film is meant to be a fund raiser for UNICEF, but I'm just shaking my head here. Why must they ruin a child's icon to raise funds? I just don't understand the need for it. It's been bugging me since I read this article about it last night. You can read more of my thoughts on the short film and some other news buzzing in the media over here. For Grey's Anatomy fans, you can find my recap and review of last night's episode here.

On the schedule for tonight is Surface on NBC and hopefully finding one of my muses and working on some fiction. I meant to do that last night, but I got distracted! Have a great night everyone.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you're allowed to take a day off the blog now and then! I do! :)

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind