Leaving an impression

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Growing up, my family and I were always going on little trips places. Never all that far. Just hopping in the car and driving off for a few days to get away. We'd go places like San Diego or Las Vegas. Sometimes we'd even just hit one of the amusement parks for a day and that would be just enough. Living in Los Angeles, we had all those theme parks around. I lost count of how many times I went to Universal Studios over the years. Magic Mountain was also popular. Whenever we went to these places we would always find these little penny machine things, and every single time I always wanted a smashed up penny from whatever place we were at. It was just a little something to take back with me. I always told myself it was just a penny, but of course I didn't even think it was also the cost to make it. Machines like that are still popular today. When you really think about it, it really isn't anything more than an elongated coin, but it is the memories attached to it. You can look at it, and you can remember that moment in time in your mind, and sometimes those memories can last a life time.

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind