402. Mikey says hi

Wednesday, October 18, 2006



Mikey decided he wanted to pose for the camera today. He is quite a bit bigger than when I got him in March, but he plopped himself down on my desk for a quick catnap, and that is how I was able to snap these with my webcam. I remember when we first brought him home from the animal shelter all those months ago. He was so tiny, and if you remember correctly he wasn't in the best of health. He has outgrown most of the sneezing and other problems he had when he was a kitten. He's just about ten months old now. How time flies.

Having had three cats over the last eleven years, I'm always looking up stuff online to help me take care of my cats to the best of my ability. Books can become outdated the minute they hit the shelves. The other day I found a new site that had a few articles about pet care. I found one on how to build your own cattery for your cats on your apartment balcony. JJ and Mikey spend a good part of their days on our apartment balcony. Over the summer they stood inside mostly, but once the temperatures started to cool in the last couple of weeks we began letting them out again. The site is relatively new, but I like the layout, and I'll be checking back.

In other news, I just received the email letting me know that The Sophisticated Writer has left the building. Who will move onto my sidebar this week?

5 comments:

Jose said...

That ain't no cat, looks more like a tiger. The picture is great considering it's from your webcam.

Anonymous said...

Is he reading too? Just kidding. looks like he's a nice cat though. Just blog hopping. Cheers!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of your cat. I love the angle.

Anonymous said...

Become a freelance writer with www.frenchemotions.com

Join our quickly growing team of freelance writers and write original articles on your topic of expertise for pay based on your readership
Are you ?:

• an entertaining, intelligent, connected non-fiction freelance writer of niche commentary and advice
• a veteran journalist of print or electronic media building your online freelance writing portfolio
• able to write pithy, ahead-of-the-curve freelance articles for discerning browsers who want insider news
• prepared to title, promote, and interlink so search engines will find, rank, and recommend you
• offering exclusive electronic rights to your writing for 1 year from publication and shared rights thereafter (freelance writers own copyright and all other rights)
• clearing your calendar to write an article and a blog post per week, but, once addicted, will do more?

If this perfectly describes you - aficionado, enthusiast, opinion-maker, citizen journalist, information junkie - and your freelance writing aspirations, check out frenchemotions.com's currently available Topics and tell us about yourself then:

• send an email to becomewriter@frenchemotions.com naming the Topic's) applied for in the subject line
• share your experience, education, and freelance writing credentials in a resume and cover letter
• include a one-sentence descriptive paragraph of your topic's and your first four articles
• link to or include 2-4 published articles and/or blog posts
• write a 200-word topic overview for your first choice using primary keywords
• wait for the section editor to contact you with interview questions

Anonymous said...

Cute cat. My aunt owns like a dozen. Yep, we have a cat lady in the family.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind