Manic Monday #7

Monday, February 04, 2008

Is there anything to serious to joke about? If so, what falls into that category for you?: I think there are a few topics that shouldn't be touched upon in a joking manner. Death being one of them. People die every day, and some people just don't see that it isn't something to be joked about or used for someone's pleasure. People are affected by the death of those around them, and the pain can live fresh inside them long after the death has taken place.

Would you rather be a tortured genius or a happy simple-minded person? Why?: I wouldn't call myself a genius, even with what my IQ is, but I know I have my moments where I just think way too much for my own damn good.  It would be nice to not be like that. It would be nice for things to just be more simple. I have my moments of happiness, but sometimes they are few and far between.

A dear friend or family member has a terminal illness and is in agony. He/she wants you to help him/her die. What would you do?: This one is so hard because I've been in this situation before many years ago. My mother was sick for many years, and when I was nineteen, things were finally at the point there was no hope. Her organs were failing one by one, and she had slipped into a coma. She could have lived on like that for years, but we knew she wouldn't want that. All we had to do was give them permission to take her off the machines, she was on and we did that. She passed peacefully within moments. If the situation came up again, depending on the circumstances I more than likely would do it again.

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind