286. Blogiversary

Thursday, March 23, 2006

It's been a few days since my last update. I've been playing nurse to a sick kitten. Yes, Mikey came down with a case of the sniffles. He looks to be on the mend, but he wasn't feeling all that great. It looked like it was a reaction to one of his vaccinations. Just as when humans get their flue shots, they get a little bit of live virus in order to combat a worse outbreak of the disease. The same happens with kittens, and he came down with symptoms on Monday. Yesterday, looked to be the worse of it, but today he woke up and he was his old self again.

I knew I couldn't let this day go by without posting though because it is a very important today in my blog's history. Today is my first blogiversary. It is also the one-year anniversary of my now oldest cats arrival into our family. A very special day on those two accounts.

JJ is a little over a year old, and he is enjoying his new companion. JJ has actually quite taken with Mikey. He acts like a big brother or father to the little guy. It isn't shocking to find Mikey actually lying curled up on top of the older cat, and yes I did take a picture with my camera. I'll post that when I get the roll developed.

A year ago when I began this blog, I wasn't all that sure how long it would last. I didn't know if I could find content to fill it with. I didn't know if anyone would even care to read anything I had to say. I thought it would be something I started, and it would die off as many other blogs have done.

Well, here I am a year later, and I am still blogging. Now I know I don't update every single day like I used to, but when you manage three blogs that becomes harder to do. My review site and my blog at Media Village both need daily updates for me to stay on top of things in regard to the entertainment world, so sometimes my personal ramblings need to wait a bit.

I've changed a lot in the last year. I know from time to time I might have a post full of cryptic ramblings about people and events in my personal life, but I figure writing about things troubling my mind is better than letting the thoughts sit and fester there.  I have changed though. A year ago, I was in a much different place than I am now. Both personally and professionally. I know I have a long way to go, but I know I'm getting there.

I've made so many wonderful friends since I've began blogging, and I know I need to be a better blogger and get back to commenting more again. I still do comment where I can, and I read a good number of blogs daily. Sometimes I wish there was more hours in the day to get all I want and need to get done completed, but there isn't. I've learned so much about the world and those in it by reading the blogs of others, and I don't see myself stopping blogging anytime soon. So Happy Blogiversary to One Writer's Rambles!

2 comments:

ohdawno said...

Happy Blogiversary! Sounds like it's been a very interesting year.

Sorry to hear about the kitten - glad he seems better today.

I look forward to another great year of blogging for both of us!

Harlot said...

Hullo. Congrats and happy aniv!

Hope your kitten's much better now. :D

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind