Time just flies by

Monday, July 14, 2008

I've been horrible about keeping things up here, but things are busy. Things get added in, and my schedule goes to heck. I'm working on it though. The past week my house has been mostly empty. My brother has been off coaching in a couple of out of state tournaments. The first in Oregon, and he flies back in from Chicago tomorrow.

I've been writing a lot, but not any fiction. Someone should smack me for that. I'm just so tired by the end of the day that pulling out a story to work on is just hard. I even have less time to read. Most of my days are either spent promoting or writing for Teevieo or Today.com. I have applied to a couple of other sites, and I'm waiting to hear back.

One sounds like it might be right up my alley, and the second is using the skills of researching celebrity gossip stories online and sharing them. No writing involved. I'm hoping to hear back on that. I always email new positions I find. I do have a blog idea for something out of my genre of celebrity gossip and news, but I'm still pondering it. Something in the technology genre dealing with software.

The good news is I finally see results. I've been writing professionally since 2001, and I've not had one year where I have had to file taxes due to my earnings from my freelance writing. This year I will have to. I hope I don't have to pay a lot! Crossing fingers there. It isn't like I spend a lot though. I buy the occasional DVD or poster, but I like to save my money.

Now if only I could get something going with the fiction. One sale makes me want more.

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind