236. Getting back on track

Monday, December 05, 2005

Well a bit of a late entry today. Blogger went down for about 4 hours today, and I noticed that fact just as I came to post. The blogger tools were up, but none of the blogs loaded. Very strange. Well, it is back up now, and I'm here. I was going to put this off until tomorrow afternoon, but I am on this getting things back on track kick now.

The past week, I've been playing around way too much, and I let myself because first I was sick, and then all the cable Internet troubles came up. Then the high speed was finally working, and I allowed myself to have fun with it. I've done all the things I've always said I'd do if I had high speed. I've been on dial-up since I got my own computer in 1997, and I never knew anything different.

Now that everything is up and running, I can put my focus back where it needs to be. Of course the day I decide to do that, blogger decides to totally crash and knock me off schedule. Sounds about right.

Well, I have some more news in regards to my blog over on Media Village. A week or two ago, I mentioned how that site had named my blog Thoughts from the Couch one of the sites hot blogs. As a part of that, my blog has been named one of the top eight blogs on that site, and each Sunday my blog will be featured on the site's main page. If you go to the Media Village page, and check out the second center box, you'll find my blog listed with the other site's top blogs. On my page, you'll find a photo of me and a small bio.

December is going to slow down for me in regards to my review site. I'll still have content, but a lot of my regularly viewed television shows are going off air for a week or two at the end of the month. Things will pick back up in January though, and I'll have to make some decisions about shows I'm covering. I'll add some shows to my coverage. One possible addition is American Idol. I also hope to be covering The L Word for Gaywired. I covered Queer as Folk for that site over the summer. L Word returns to Showtime in January.  

I'm looking at scheduling for the other new shows coming in midseason. Bones also appears to be moving nights and going up against Lost for about a month or so, and that will make things a bit difficult since I review both shows. Of course, I can always download one of them, and just post my review the next day. I'll figure that out shortly I'm sure. The life of writer who writes about television. Trust me I never saw myself combining my two loves in this manner. I've always watched way too much television, and now I'm writing about it. Funny how things work huh?

I think I might take it easy this month, keep up my blog on Media Village, and the bare minimum on my review site to keep interest in it, and then hit things hard in January there. I might also try to find my lost muses. I just know I need to get back into the swing of things. Last week felt like a vacation to me, and I'm still a bit sluggish.

I hope you're all doing well! Have a wonderful night.

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind