250. Happy Holidays!

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Where does time go? It feels as if it were Thanksgiving and now here it is, Christmas Eve. I've been a bit quiet this week. I'm taking advantage of a bit of the downtime I do have right now to regenerate myself for the New Year. I already know my schedule is going to be quite hectic. There are some upcoming changes with my position at Media Village that will take shape the first week after the New Year. I can't speak about them now, but I will when I can. I'm quite excited about the changes however.

I've also been dealing with some connection issues with my high speed. The tech actually came out this morning, and he made some changes that I hope fix the issue. It isn't a huge problem, but it is annoying one. I seem to have a signal interruption certain times of the day, but the connection goes in and out in under a minute or two, so I might have to learn to live with it.

This is the time of year one spends with family and friends. A majority of my family lives in California, so I can't really spend time with them. I have many friends, but not many live here where I am. Over the years I've spent online I've made many friends. We spend time talking to each other through journals, emails and instant messenger. Sometimes we find ourselves on the phone with the invent of free long distance and cell phones.

I truly have some amazing people in my life, and the sad thing is I might not ever get the chance to meet them in person and tell them just how much I care. I hope to someday. I'd like to. There are some people I've had in my life for quite some time, years in fact. We met because of one thing or another. The reasons behind our meeting aren't what are important. It is the bond that formed between us once we did meet.

There are a few special people in my life. We've had our differences. We've been mad at each other. We've even walked away or lost touch from time to time, but when it comes right down to it, these are the people that will always be in my life if I can have it that way. I know things change, and I know people change. As I've always said in the past, change is inevitable. However, I know my life would be a bit empty without certain people in it.  I want to keep those people close. Others may come and go, but the core will always remain.

It's time like these that remind me of their importance in my life, and I count myself blessed to have such amazing friends. I want to wish all my friends, near and far, here and there a very happy holiday, whichever holiday you celebrate. May the days to come be filled with happiness and joy and nothing but the best life has to offer.

Two last things before I go. Make sure to check my new feature post at Media Village tomorrow! Click on the link to Thoughts from the Couch to catch the first part of my four part series looking back and looking forward. Part one covers the hits of 2005! It should be up sometime tomorrow morning after 8am.

Also, I have a new Blog of the Week. Check out Things that make you go … hmm on my sidebar!

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind