381. Never Forget

Monday, September 11, 2006



10:03 on a Tuesday morning in the fall of an American dream, a man is doing what he knows is right on flight 93. Loved his mom and he loved his dad, loved his home and he loved his man, but on that bloody Tuesday morning he died an American. Now you cannot change this. You can't erase this. You can't pretend this is not the truth. Even though he could not marry or teach your children in our schools because who he wants to love is breaking your God's rules. He stood up on a Tuesday Morning. In the terror he was brave, and he made his choice and without a doubt a hundred lives he must have saved. And the things you might take for granted. Your inalienable rights. Some might choose to deny him even though he gave his life. Can you live with yourself in the land of the free and make him less of a hero than the other three? Well it might begin to change you in a field in Pennsylvania. Stand up America. Hear the bell now as it tolls. Wake up America. It's Tuesday Morning. Let's roll.
Tuesday Morning - Melissa Etheridge Melissa Etheridge - Lucky - Tuesday Morning


The song above was a tribute to one man from Flight 93, Todd Beamer. I wasn't in New York personally for the attacks. I don't know anyone that died. On that day, five years ago I was awaiting word from my best friend because she had just moved to D.C. the week before, and I somehow knew she lived closed to the area where those events happened in that city. It took eight hours of waiting before I finally heard of her. Today, she is happily married, and though we don't talk as much as we used to, she is still one of my best friends on this planet. To all those that loved and lost on that tragic day five years ago today, my heart is with you. I know I will never forget.

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind