390. Let the rain fall down ...

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I think awhile back on this blog I said that sometimes you have to make the unpopular decisions even if people won't understand it. People may not understand everything you do, but it isn't for people to understand really. They don't have to understand every little single thing about you because it is you living your life and not them. You're the only one in charge of your life. Your destiny and your happiness is in your hands and no one else's. Sometimes things just change, and you don't know why. You can't explain it. You don't even want to try to explain it.

I've had the same posters on my walls for over five years. I don't even have interest in the same things anymore. The posters need to come down. Yet they stay up. The people in my life stayed there and some maybe stayed longer than they should have. Things just change, and sometimes that connection fades. Sometimes one half of the equation changes, and when it comes to any relationship it takes two to make it work. Sometimes there is nothing to fix because nothing is there anymore to fix.

Making the unpopular decision isn't always easy. That's why its unpopular. It isn't easy, and it might even be something you fight. Then you just come to a point where you're tired of the fight. Friendships, love, any type of relationship really is never easy. They can change over time, and the change shouldn't be looked as something negative. Change happens, and it happens for a reason. I've always believed that. I've been fighting something for months now, and it finally came time to do something. No one else could.

And the posters came down. Its time for a change, and I'm the only one that can do it.

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind