316. Taking the challenge

Monday, June 05, 2006

As a writer, I like to challenge myself. I like trying new things out. With my fiction, it might be a new genre or idea. With my fan fiction, it might be a new fandom or pairing. Role-playing wise, it might be a new character. As with anything in life, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. The fun in it is trying.

I like the challenge. I like trying something I’ve never done before just to see if I can indeed do it. Sometimes though I know right away it just isn’t me. Something doesn’t click, and sometimes just as quickly I know I made the right decision by trying. That’s how life works. You need to try things to see if they somehow fit you.

I’m not much of a risk taker in life. The only place I am is in my writing. That’s the only place I really enjoy taking chances. In other areas of my life, I’m definitely more cautious. I stand back instead of moving forward. I watch and observe. I’m, quiet while others are loud. It is just the way I am, and I have these mood swings where I hate the world, and I seclude myself. It could last for a day to a week, and sometimes even months.

I like my quiet time, my alone time. It lets me think. It lets me find my mind and set things in order, as they should be. Sometimes I like the noise and upheaval of a lot around me, but then there are times I don’t want any of it.

I’ve been challenging myself lately with my writing. Trying new things, and I’m not sure what happened, but a lot of it has just clicked. My schedule is a bit light at the moment, so I’m taking the opportunity to have a bit more fun with my writing. I wrote another fan fiction piece, and it is up on my fiction blog. I’m playing with another idea as well. I emailed to check on my submission, and I heard back, but still no news on that front. I’ll keep you posted.

1 comments:

Shelly said...

You and I sound the same!! :o) I don't take much risk in my "real" life, but do all the time with my writing...at least when I AM writing. I'm glad things are clicking well for you!

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind