259. And I return ...

Monday, January 09, 2006

Well, I've been terribly missing in action since my last post. Soon after I wrote that last entry, I ended up in bed. The next morning I was ten times worse sick than the night before, and I spent most of Friday and Saturday in bed, part of Sunday too. I'm feeling a bit better, but I think I'm at 85% normal capacity. I'm trying to not have it keep me down as much. I've done my best keeping up my assigned responsibilities, but I decided to let this blog slide a bit while I was terribly sick.

My mind isn't running at full speed yet. I've tried put my mind toward fictional pursuits, but it always seem I draw this big blank. So once I'm fully recovered, I plan to look at some contest deadlines in the months ahead, take a look at my WIP's, and then I'll go from there. I should also have an idea who my mentor will be from the mentoring program Divas has set up, and that should hopefully get me back into the gear of things.

As for my on-going connection issues with my new high speed, I still have them, but I've found a daily way to work around them so they don't occur. I love being technically minded. After some research, it turns out it might be a city wide problem here in Phoenix that started in December. I've spoken to two people with COX here in the area, and they are experiencing similar problems. COX should hopefully be aware of the issue and I hope they are working to correct it. No amount of tech visits to my home is going to fix the issue. For now it looks like I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

In other news, last week I had mentioned that BlogTraffic.org had been shut down. Well, today in my email I received the fortunate news that the site had found new life after some drastic changes. Hopefully, this site will be able to pick back up where it left off. I was really enjoying the results I had seen from it.

I don't see myself waiting so long before my next update, so I'll leave off here. I have Surface on in a bit, and a review of that episode will be up on my blog sometime tonight. Right now, I have a review of last night's premiere of The L Word up, so if you're a fan check that out!

I also have a new Blog of the Week. Check out the blog at cat with a pen dot com for some insights from one woman living and writing in Colorado!

Hope you're all well. More soon.

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind