Even Angels Fall

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It's been a week since the sudden death of actor Heath Ledger. I was working on an article talking about the sudden death of another when the news broke out about Heath. I have always been a huge fan of his work, and the news of his passing almost seemed unreal to me. Here is a young man, younger than me, with his whole life ahead of him. A young daughter and friends enough for anyone, and yet he has left us. Apparently, there was more to this young man's life than we in the public knew of it. He had his own demons, and his latest role as the joker in Dark Knight apparently added to those he already had.

I don't know how many times I've seen Ten Things I Hate About You, and I've always enjoyed his work. This is a case of gone much too soon, and it has oddly hit me quite hard. It has given me time to think of my own life and the things I do. It might sound odd to some, but I know there are things in my life I'd want to change now. Sometimes all you need is a small wake-up call to make changes in your life. It is sad that usually death is the way to wake you up. At least this was the death of someone known to the world and not someone close to me. Those are the worst kind. Heath Ledger was a wonderful man and actor, a caring father and loved by many. He will be missed.

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind