I won't think about you when I'm older.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2007 is done, and here we are in 2008. A new year with hopes and dreams that it is better than last. 2007 was a crazy year. I allowed some people to come into my life I now regret letting them ever even near me. We all make mistakes. Some people come to you with what you think are good intentions, and they really are lying behind your back. I've had it happen before, and I know that it will probably happen again at some point. It is what life is made up of. Mistakes and failures to learn from. I've made a lot of mistakes in my life. I'll be the first to admit I'm nowhere near perfect. I do my best though. That's all any of us can do.

I've had some people in my life for years. Some have been good for me. Some have helped more than they hurt. Some have made me smile even when I don't think I can. Then there are others that have been in my life just as long where they haven't been all that good at all for me. They make me want to scream. They make me want to rip my hair out. They frustrate and aggravate me more than anything. Yet, I kept them around for a long time. I don't even know why. I finally made a choice to break away though. There was no chaos or some huge fight to cause it. I just slipped away without a word, and I know I'm a happier person because of it.

There are just some people that are not meant to be in your life, but it isn't all that easy to remove them once they are there. They get entrenched there in your life. They dig a hole and plant roots. You might not want them there, but really it isn't easy to move away from them. Then one day you wake up, and they are gone. You're free, and as much as you know you'll miss them just a little. Time will pass, and you won't miss them for long. You know its for the best. Sometimes blessed freedom is all you need.

2008 won't be a repeat of 2007. I won't let it be. Happy New Year everyone.

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind