76. A little bit of this, a little bit of that

Tuesday, June 21, 2005



Mood: headachy
Music: Kelly Clarkson


To start off with, I changed the look of my blog just a little bit. I loved the sunflowers, but it was getting to be too bright for me on a daily basis. I liked the format, so I decided to play with the background instead. Which meant digging into the HTML and color codes and the like. So in the middle of the night last night, I spent about an hour looking for a background, and getting it to work on my blog. You see the result. Simple and calm. I like it.

Ever have one of those days where you're mind is just racing at a million miles an hour in every direction imaginable? Well, that was what happened to me yesterday. I knew early on that I wouldn't be able to get much done in the way of writing, so I just didn't push it. It didn't even feel like a Monday to me for some odd reason. I caught up with my friends, and watched television. Last night I happened to catch AFI's tribute to George Lucas, which I hadn't even realized was on. I sat down to watch that for the time it was on. My love for Star Wars movies is well known. I've talked about them enough here in my blog, and I wanted to see how the movies would be displayed.

Well, I'm sitting there and I watch Mark, Carrie, and Harrison do their own speeches, and then at the end the whole original main cast is on stage including the droids and Chewbacca, and the dork I am is getting all choked up because they are all right there. Twenty eight years later. Star Wars was the first film I remember seeing. I was only a year and a half when it came out, but somehow I remember it. My parents went to see it at the drive-in, and that is one of my very first memories as a child. I asked my mom if that is indeed where we saw it, and she said it was. She really couldn't believe I remembered. George is one of those amazing individuals that can create these worlds we can all lose ourselves in. They feel real to us. I can only hope to be able to do the same someday with my own creations.

Yesterday in my blog hopping, I saw a lot of blogs discussing the topic of condoms and their use in romance novels. I wanted to add my own thoughts to the discussion. In this world, where we have sexually transmitted diseases and AIDs, I think the use of a condom even in fiction is important. Or in the very least some type of discussion should be had. I see it as being responsible. This is probably because I do write gay fiction as well. I know it loses a bit of the fantasy, but in the world we live in today the reality is that these things do exist, and it isn't just to prevent pregnancy anymore.

This just in. I just noticed a new issue of Katy Terraga's newsletter for sex writers has just been released. I've been a subscriber of her newsletter for years, and I find it a valuable source of information for submission calls and articles. The newsletter hadn't appeared in my inbox in months, and I wondered if it would ever appear again. Well, it looks like the newsletter is making its way back. If you want to check the online version of the newsletter hop on over to here.

Seems I have another headache today. I'm starting to think it is because of the heat. My allergies have been wrecking havoc with me as well. Above 105 everyday for the next three months should definitely be fun! Gotta love living in Arizona.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

2 comments:

Crystal* said...

Feel better!
I like the new look. And I'm glad you enjoyed the George Lucas extravaganza.
Grins*

Anonymous said...

When I first got here, I blinked. LOL. Thought I was in the wrong place! I like the new look!

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind