296. And the dreaded wait begins

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Well, now the fun begins. Back in September, I submitted a story somewhere, and I got rejected. They did offer some suggestions for improvement, and I’ve been reworking the story ever since. With my schedule, it took this long. With the help of my mentor, I worked hard on this story from January through March. With my goal time the last couple of days, I took one last look at things, and today with my time I formatted the story per the publication’s submission guidelines, and I sent it in just now.

Now I get to wait. The good news the wait shouldn’t be more than a week or two hopefully, and perhaps even sooner. I’ve heard there is fast turnaround with this publication. Back in September, I think it was a few days, so now we’ll just have to see what happens. I’m nervous. I re-submitted to the same publication because I think they are the best fit for the story. I really don’t want another rejection, but if I get one I’ll look elsewhere. I did make a real effort to improve the story, and I hope they notice.

Tonight and Thursday are going to be crazy, so I might take tomorrow off (since I did say five days a week), and then try to tackle something new on Friday. I’m still drawing a blank on what to work on next. There are no stories brewing in my head at the moment.  Hopefully, that will change soon.

3 comments:

Sounds like you worked hard on this story, Gina! That counts a lot . Hard work eventually pays! Good luck! =D

Anonymous said...

Keep up the awesome work, love it!

http://www.nubbit.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Gina, you are welcome to submit an erotic story to Jennas Blog. All the information for submission's is in the right hand column. I can't pay you any money, but I will put any links you want in your author bio.

PS: Don't pay any attention to the "poll" as I have already made up my mind. I'm going to keep the blog up. The last comments I received convinced me to do so.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind