313. Memorial Day Weekend

Sunday, May 28, 2006

It’s been a couple of days since my last post. I never did get around to Thursday Thirteen, and I’m not sure I’ll continue doing it in any case. I don’t think I have to make a list of thirteen things to find something to write about in here. In any case, I took some time away from blogging the last couple of days because I could. With the television season ending, I’m looking at shows to cover on my review site for the summer. When the year began, I was actually what would happen over the summer. Three months of downtime would kill any blog, but I’ve found four or five shows to cover in the months ahead, and I’m confident that they will work well with my readers and myself. I won’t watch a show just to review it. I actually have to like the show too.

Friday morning, I did go out to see X-men 3. I was there for one of the noon showings, and I really liked the movie. It had its problems, but the movie isn’t supposed to be rocket science. It’s based on a comic. I have my review of the film up now over at One Couch Critic. Just know I totally recap and review the movie, so don’t go over if you don’t want to be majorly spoiled if you haven’t seen the movie.

I really can’t believe summer is here already. It’s been in the hundreds here already, and it isn’t even June yet. You have to expect that though living in Arizona. The air conditioning was so cold in the theater the other day though, I nearly froze. When I was there, I thought I saw my ex-boyfriend. We haven’t talked in a couple of years, and we broke up ten years ago now. Time flies doesn’t it? I could almost swear it was him. Same style dress. Some look. He even stopped for a second to look at me, but my brother says I’m crazy and it wasn’t him. It was just odd and unexpected. I’d see him going to see that movie the first day too.

I’ve been thinking a lot about my writing lately. I call myself an aspiring writer, but really I don’t know if I fall into that category anymore. When it comes down to it, I’m a writer. I’m a writer that is paid to write. It might not be much yet, but it is monthly and steady. It isn’t hit and miss. So when you think of it, I’m no longer just aspiring. In any case, I was also thinking that being called an aspiring writer is really silly. You’re either a writer or you’re not. If you write, it doesn’t matter if you write articles or stories. For some, it isn’t even about the money. If you enjoy putting down words on the screen or paper, and if you have some skill at it then you are a writer.

Maybe this huge writer’s block when it comes to my fiction the last couple of months isn’t because I’m really blocked. Maybe I know somewhere in the back of my head, what I needed to work on at the time. Maybe I needed to get what I needed done in order to move onto fiction, or perhaps I’m not meant to be a fiction writer at all. I’m still pondering that one. Perhaps, I just need the write story to come to me. Sort of like what happened with the story I submitted. No word on that yet either.

I just love to write. I wrote a fifteen hundred review on a movie, and I didn’t even notice it until the very end. I watch and review shows because I enjoy doing it. I also role-play, and I also enjoy that more interactive type writing as well. I wrote a scene last night with another person, and it was great just bouncing our characters off of someone else. I know I’ve said this before, but writing is just in me. I’ll write what I need to write and what comes to me. Maybe I’m putting too much pressure on myself. Writing should be fun too. If it isn’t fun, then you’re doing something wrong.

Have a great Memorial Day everyone. I might pop in tomorrow, but if I don’t I’ll see you on Tuesday. Don’t forget to check out my Blog of the Week on my sidebar. NYC Watchdog has had some thumbnail issues with BlogExplosion this week, but he’s still over there. Go over and tell him I sent you!

1 comments:

Laci said...

Gina, you've been tagged! :)

Check my blog for info.

Laci

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind