45. I've been tagged!

Saturday, May 21, 2005



Mood: headachy
Music: Novacaine - Green Day


I find it amusing this song started to play as soon as I typed headachy. Actually been feeling a bit tired the last couple of days. Took a nap at eight last night for a couple of hours. Woke up and did some reading. Then went to bed at 3am. This is unusual for me. While I was reading though, I had an idea for a scene in one of my WIP's, so I plan to get that out this weekend sometime.

Today I've been tagged by Beth to fill out this meme!


Total number of books I own: I don't think I can honestly count. I have a bookshelf full, and I have more in my closet. In cabinets in the other room. I colud safely say hundreds.

Last Book I Bought: I actually bought a whole bunch at the recent church fair I went to a couple of months ago. White Oleander by Janet Fitch, some titles by Nora Roberts, and a whole bunch of Star Wars universe books.

Last Book I Read: I finished reading Key of Valor by Nora Roberts last month. I'd read the first book in the Key Trilogy, and this one. I still need to read the second.

Five Books That Mean A Lot To Me: Now this is hard for me. I'm always reading. I have tons of books that I love. I almost collect books. My bookshelf is full of books. It'll take me forever to read them all. Although I have put an awfully big dent.

The Stand by Stephen King I read this in my teens just before the movie came out. I read it cover to cover in probably less than a month if I recall correctly. In 1994, LA was hit by the Northridge earthquake, and my building was condemned. I lost my entire book collection at the time, and this book was one of them. I happened to pick up a new copy though at one of the book fairs I go to, so this made me happy.

The Witching Hour by Anne rice This is my favorite book of Anne Rice's, and probably one of the first of hers I read. I couldn't get into the Vampire stories she had written, even after seeing the movie, but this book pulled me right in. Another 1000 page book that I demolished in about a month. I loved it.

Sanctuary by Nora Roberts This was one of the books I read by Nora. I just started reading her in the last few years, and I've actually read this book more than once. Nora seems to be able to put the right amount of suspense and romance together in her books that make a very good read.

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks I read the book a couple of years ago, and finally saw the movie a couple of months ago, and it had me in tears. The book is one of my favorites, and the movie is good too. A classic story of love lasting and conquering all.

The Joy of Writing Sex: A Guide for Fiction Writers I first heard of this book a few months ago on Romance Divas, and I had to order it. I loved it, and I find it one of those must read books for any writers that write sex in their fiction. It covers straight, gay, and you get it straight from those authors in those genres. Definitely worth the money.


Picking my books actually took longer than I thought I would. I love so many. It's hard picking just five.

The five I'm tagging are: Sela Carsen, Laura Bacchi, Nonny, Lynn Daniels, and Sheri.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could never pick just five ...

Regina Avalos said...

I saw your response to my tag, Sheri!

It wasn't easy. I kept wanting to add more, but it said just five.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind