50. Where does it go?

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Mood: calm


The it I'm referring to is time. It seems to be in constant motion. Never stopping, and before you know the day is over and you feel like it just begun. Most of my afternoon was spent staring at HTML and CSS coding, trying to get the comment links on my blog to work like I wanted them. I was determined to do it, when I couldn't figure it out after almost an hour I put out a call to someone I knew had them the way I wanted them. Luckily, with Nonny's help, I was able to get it done.


A good chunk of my days is also spent keeping an eye on my three month old kitten, JJ. He's really adorable, and I took pictures of him the other day finally, so hopefully someday soon I'll have pictures to share with you all in here. JJ doesn't know the meaning of mom's busy writing so leave her alone. He has this habit of jumping on the back of my chair and clawing at my back when he has to have attention right now. Of course this usually happens when I'm in the middle of writing a scene. He's still young enough, and he will learn as my older cat has to sit lay on the bed behind me and watch what I'm doing. I happen to love both my cats though.


Lost last night. I'm not sure what I think of the episode. It was a bit slow in parts, but entertaining. It is definitely one of my favorite shows, but I think it is one of the shows in which you have to think. You have to catch all the little details because if they don't make sense now, they will make sense later. I actually sat down with my brother before the show came on and talked about the show. He watched the first few episodes, and it didn't grab him because he felt the show was too slow. I then told him that I thought it was a thinking person's show, and he nodded in agreement. He is more of the fast paced show person. He likes action at every turn. He loves watching sports mostly, so I guess it is because of that.


It's kind of weird with all the shows being off air now for the season. My nights, except for Sunday with Queer as Folk, are fairly empty. Maybe I'll be able to get some more writing done. Last night I think I might have jinxed myself by saying I had been writing every night because I didn't really write at all last night. I still need to work on the one flash short, write another, and maybe get some more done on Lonely Street. It's one thing at a time. Tonight the house is empty, and I'm on my own for dinner, so I'm going to get going. Maybe get some writing done after I eat.

5 comments:

Glad I was able to help. :)

BTW, how late are you usually up at nights? Over at Evo, we usually have people in chat during the evenings trying to get writing done. I'm not in chat so much then as later on in the night, 11:30ish EST. (The male works graveyard, so we're usually getting food and other stuff done before he goes off to work, then I get online to do moddy and adminny type things and writing. And procrastination. Mustn't forget the procrastination. ;)

So, if you're trying to get writing done, hop on over to Evolution's StormChat and try to incite a war. If no one's active, make a post on the boards and usually someone will pop in, too. :)

Regina Avalos said...

Thanks Sheri. The DVD comes out in September, right before season two comes out, so you can catch up then if you want.

Nonny, I'm up til at least 3-4am PST, so I'll definitely go check out the chat room. I remember enjoying the chat room when I went in before.

WOOO! So there'll actually be someone up at the times I'm awake and working! Whee!!!

Anonymous said...

Your new blog design is beautiful!!!!!

Regina Avalos said...

Thank you, Suzanne!

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind