207. Happy Nano!

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

For some of you out there in the writing world, November means Nano, and I wish you all participating this year the best of luck. I've taken part the last couple of years, but I didn't do that well. I write too slow fictionally to be successful in Nano. My best word count fiction wise for a month was 10,000 words, and I was so drained by the end of the month. For October, I did write over 55,000 words. Now before you look at that and look at me and ask why I'm not doing nano. Those 55,000 words were not in one project or story. That is a compliation of the word counts for all my articles for last month. Between my media blog on Media Village and my review blog, words seem to add up quickly.

Things actually dropped off the last week of the month. Som wouldn't think so, but a lot of the shows I cover over on my review blog were repeats the last week. Everyone is gearing up for sweeps period, which starts up on Thursday. Tonight we see the return of Bones. In just under an hour in my time zone in fact, and I am so glad this show is back. I was just getting into things when the show was put on hiatus for the baseball playoffs. OC returns on Thursday, and the previews for what's ahead have me really excited.

I meant to be earlier, but I started playing around with one of my websites, and I got lost. Before I knew a quick change that shouldn't have taken much more than fifteen minutes ended up taking me nearly an hour. I also updated my traffic exchange article with some more information a bit ago. I really want to dig back into the fiction this month. I am feeling a bit bad about how badly things went the month of October fiction wise, but I know I was writing, and I was doing it daily. That helps me feel a bit better. It wasn't like I hadn't written anything last month. it wasn't a matter of not writing, but finding time to do all the writing that I wanted to do. I know it really is no excuse though. I still feel bad. So hopefully the muses come out to play for a bit this month. I am crossing my fingers.

I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween. Have a wonderful evening everyone.

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind