213. Hectic days

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I really figured things would start to pick up in November, and I really wasn't wrong on that front. As a television reviewer, the weeks are hectic in any case during the season, but you add in sweeps months and things just go insane because all of the shows are new, and that means I'll have seven full reviews to write each week. It was eight, but I've cut one because the show has just completely lost me this season. Things were so hectic yesterday, I never even made it here. A lot was going on in a lot of different areas of my writing, so I decided to focus on those things.

The holidays are fast approaching, and I'm looking forward to them this year because it looks like I'll start getting paid by then. Merry Christmas in deed. I'm also looking to upgrade from dial-up to high speed sometime between now and Christmas, so that should make things move faster for me online as well. I'm just so used to dial-up. I'm used to waiting for pages to load, but I've noticed that it is starting to slow me down a bit. I could probably get a lot more done in less time once I make the jump to high speed. Plus, what I've noticed a lot of freelance writing positions require you have high speed access in order to telecommute, so that should open more doors for me as well.

As for my fiction, I've been mulling over this one idea for a couple of weeks now. I actually started it one night a couple of weeks ago. And when I thought of it, I realized it was similar to an idea I've had for six months now, but I've never been able to write it due to time. Time is still a factor now, and I really don't want to push it.

The last few days Kelly about organization and goals. I know I'm not doing all that well right now because my fiction is lacking at the moment, but I am writing. I set a goal for myself of one thousand words a day. An easy goal for me when it comes to my nonfiction pursuits because between my two sites I usually write at least double that, and in some nights triple that. Then I have nights where I barely make it. Those usually fall on the weekends, so I don't worry about it too much.

Once my fiction muses wake up, I might set a separate goal for that, somewhere between 250 and 500 words a night. However, I would take into consideration what else I'm doing that day. A night like Tuesday, Thursday or after the new year like Sunday, where I have two long show reviews to write I know it might not be possible to meet my fiction goals. If my fiction muses weren't so unbelievably silent right now I'd be writing more. A lot more, and my mind just spins with it all.

For fans of Surface, Bones, and Supernatural head on over to my review site for full recaps and reviews of all three shows. Tonight is Lost! I'm excited for its return. Although I'm a bit sad to hear who they are rumored to be killing off on tonight's show. I won't spoil it for anyone that doesn't already know, but yeah I'm not happy!

Have a wonderful night everyone! I'm off!

2 comments:

Hope the paying market works well for you! Yes, high-speed Internet is much faster and a lot more wonderful than dial-up. I'm so glad I finally switched. =)

Regina Avalos said...

It's the company I'm already writing for with my forums and blog. New division of the company, so I had to start and get things going first. I'll be paid shortly though.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind