124. Sunday Ramblings

Sunday, August 07, 2005

The past couple of days I had been feeling a bit lazy. I had finally straightened out things in one area of my life, and I had started with a good push towards successfully completing my writing goals for this month early on. On Thursday and Friday night, I hadn't worked on either of current WIP's, Crash into me, and a second one I started earlier this week, which looks like it might push the 3,000 to 4,000 word count mark. I'm pushing just over 2,000 now, so I can see that hopefully done in a week or two. Then comes trying to find a place to submit it. That is sometimes harder than the writing itself in some cases. I do have an idea though, so maybe it won't be so bad.

Well, all this feeling guilty and telling myself I would get back on track doesn't work. The only thing that works is actually sitting down and doing it. Well, that is what I did. I planted my butt in my chair, and popped over to Evolution's Storm Chat where Nonny was also writing, and I challenged myself to writing a 1,000 words. It took me a couple of hours, taking a few small breaks in between every few hundred words, but in the end, I had written 1,099 words on my new WIP. I don't have a title for it yet, but the working title I'm using to save it under is For hire. The basic premise of the short is Kyle gives the gift of a hooker to his friend Caleb. Short, hot, and yes sex-filled. I also worked some on Crash into me the other night, and things are going smoothly there as well. I've been giving thought to trying to revive Lonely Street once Crash into me is done. Maybe sooner. I guess I will have to wait and see on that one.

Last night I spent my night watching movies on cable, as I usually do on Saturday night's. I caught First Daughter on HBO. Cute movie. Same basic premise as Chasing Liberty, which I had seen in the past with Mandy Moore. I even have the movie on DVD. The only difference between the two films is one goes to college in the beginning of the movie, and the other at the end. Not much difference between the two really. I also saw the end of Peter Pan again. The most recent adaptation of the classic story. During that one scene where Tink dies, and everyone is chanting "I do believe in fairies. I do. I do." I get all teary-eyed. The classics never seen to grow too old. I've watched many of the re-tellings of this story, and it always gets me.

When Queer as Folk even used a reference to it in last week's episode when Brian told Lindsay, "I don't want you to go, Wendy." I just started crying because it just fit those two characters. Brian has always been considered the boy that would never grow up. He was Queer s Folk's Peter, and Lindsay has been his female best friend since episode one of the series. Speaking of the series, tonight is the finale. The last time it will air. It makes me sad to say one last good-bye to these characters, but all good things must come to an end.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate saying goodbye to good characters. It's why I love long book series so much, like Evanovich's and JD Robb's ... I never have to say goodbye!

So glad you're back to work! And the challenge sounds great! =D

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind