136. Moving right along

Thursday, August 18, 2005

So I'm really happy about the progress I'm making with the new story. I'm not sure if it'll make it in time for Shiver,s but for right now I'm just trying to push on forward and see if I can get it done in time. If I can, that would be wonderful, but I don't want to push it. I've tried a different process with this one. Each night I sit at my desk with my pad of paper open in front of me, and I write as the words come. If I glance away I come right back to it when the next line hits me.i do this for two to three hours, and I can usually get a couple of printed pages done. The next day, I take what I wrote out the night before and type it in, and usually what I end up with is more than the two pages I wrote. One day I wrote two by hand, and it turned out to three and a half typed pages. I wrote another two pages this morning before my brain quit on me, and I plan to type those in after I am done blog hopping this afternoon.

I think if I'm lucky, I'll hit the 3,000 word mark, and I just started on this story this week. Last week, I was feeling guilty for getting nothing done fiction wise, but this week I'm right back on schedule. there are a few plot points I'm still not sure about in the story, but I'm trying to work those out in my head right now. I'm even bouncing some ideas right now over at the Romance Divas Think Tank. Just had an interesting idea proposed that might work. I guess I'll see how things go. it seems I have a lot of little twists that go into my stories.

Last night was So you think you can dance. Two hours long, and it didn't drag at all for me. Thank God. The first two episodes were as fun as pulling teeth. I really enjoyed last night, and the dancers were all wonderful. I'm really curious to see who the American public will send packing next week. To read my full recap of last night's episode head on over to here.

I think I'm going off to blog hop now! I want to get to typing in what I wrote last night. Have a wonderful day and evening everyone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the new story, Gina!!

Regina Avalos said...

Thanks, Michelle!

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen any of that show, but it looked like it would be funny in the commercials. I keep forgetting to watch it!

Great progress, Gina! Keep it up! =D

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind