109. Sunday Ramblings

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Mood: trying
Music: My My My - Rob Thomas


I almost didn't make it to my blog today. As I mentioned in past blog entries, I am agoraphobic. Along with this comes depression. Every few months or so, I go through a bad period with it, and things become a bit of a struggle. I don't talk about it much because I don't want to make it a focus in my life. I don't like when these periods occur because usually my writing suffers because of them, and that has been the case the last few weeks. Well, I guess I can't really say it has been suffering because I have been writing.

Yesterday, I mentioned working on my blogroll. Today my work on this blog moved to other parts of my sidebar, and I made some changes there as well. I also fixed a small problems I had been trying to fix on the post item pages of my blogs. Comment author names weren't showing up, and now they do.

So many deadlines coming up, and I know it will be impossible to complete them all, but I like knowing where things are due, so if I get some sudden inspiration for one of the submission calls, I know when they need to be in.

I also updated my word count totals on my sidebar today and added my counter for next month's Evolunacy. As you can see I surpassed my personal world count challenge set by myself at the beginning of July. With a week left of the moment, I'm just over 12,000 words, so I am writing. It is my fiction that is suffering the most.

My muses are hiding from me, and I hate it. I know things will pick up. I'm hoping Evolunacy helps me kick things into gear. Since Evolunacy is a fiction challenge it might. I don't honestly remember the last time I wrote 10,000 words in a story in one month. It's been awhile. I'm such a slow writer fiction wise. What takes me thirty minutes to write nonfiction wise sometimes takes me days to write fiction wise.

Last night, I watched The Village and Anaconda: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid. Neither really grabbed me. Anaconda was laughably bad, and The Village at least kept my interest some, but I felt it was just a bit slow for me. Tonight is Queer as Folk, which I always look forward to, and then next week we have the series finale. I'm so not ready to say good-bye to this show. Far from it. I'll miss it.

Have a wonderful Sunday evening everyone.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My muse is a fickle one too. Hugs.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind