90. Can we connect and stay connected?

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Between problems with my dial-up service, cable reception problems in my room, and problems with my computer's CD-RW drive, I've had more frustration the last couple of days. The bright spot was going out yesterday to watch the movie. The movie was great if you took off the last five minutes of it. The ending left me really cold. It bothered me all night too. I kept thinking of the way it ended in my head, and it just didn't mesh. I don't really want to ruin the ending for those that haven't seen it, and I'm in the process of writing a review of it as well, so I'll link to that later or tomorrow when that is up for those that are interested.

I think my connection issues are okay across the board, but I won't say that for sure. It seems the problem keeps popping up unexpectedly. I just sent off an article to Forbidden Fruit. I'm pondering a contest I just heard about yesterday through Desdmona. It's for a 2000 word erotic short story, and I know I have at least one that will work. I just need to make some changes, and add on an ending that I thought of after I wrote it. I think if I sat down to work on it, I could have that submitted and off in the next week or two. Send that in early, and then try to see if I can put something else together. They say you can submit two, so I might do that. I'm definitely going to submit the one though.

The 4th was a pretty lazy laid back day. Other than the movie, I didn't do much. I hung out here at home, and I watched the local fireworks show on my television. It was only about five minutes away from my house, but with trees and building blocking my view, it was just easier to watch from the comfort of my desk chair on television. I'm glad everyone enjoyed their holidays from what I'm reading on various blogs. Today in my mail, I received a copy of Alison Kent's "The Beach Alibi". Good timing too. I just finished reading White Oleander the other night, and now I'm trying to find my next read. I have a few choices. I just need to decide which one.

I really need to get back to my stories. The past week, I've been buried in articles and reviews. Those seem to be doing the best for me at the moment, so I'm working those the best I can right now. Now I miss my characters. i just don't know what to work on. I can go in so many different directions right now. I think later tonight I just need to find one, and go with it. This just in. I just got a critique on Crash into me in my email from my critique partner, so I'll be going over that. Maybe that will knock some words loose.

4 comments:

Beth Ciotta said...

Now you've done it, Gina. I keep thinking... what movie? ;)

Good luck getting back on track with your stories!

Regina Avalos said...

I forgot to mention the title in today's entry, but I think I mentioned it yesterday. I wet to go see War of the Worlds yesterday for the 4th.

Anonymous said...

Good luck getting back to your stories! And like Beth, I'm insanely curious about which movie you're talking about.

Crystal* said...

Though I usually separate personal feelings from film, I won't this time. I think Tom Cruise has behaved like an idiot, and I won't be watching "War of the Worlds."
Good luck on the words!
Grins*

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind