110: Another week begins

Monday, July 25, 2005

Mood: headachy
Music: Everyday is a winding road - Sheryl Crow


Another week begins, and I have one of those sneaking suspicions that this week is going to be busy. Ever have that feeling just as the week begins? In order to pull myself out from out of my small funk I've been in the last week or so, I'm throwing myself into my writing. I'm hoping to throw myself back into my fiction writing as well, but my muses are still being temperamental in that department. Not the case with my nonfiction, so I'm focusing on that right at this moment. I turned in my column on last night's Queer as Folk episode a bit ago, so I'm hoping to see that go live soon. I've also written a couple of short news pieces that hadn't been picked up on the one site I write for. One about the WB mascot, Michigan J. Frog, getting axed from the network, and the second about this year's VMA nominations being announced.

I was actually a bit saddened by the "firing" of the WB frog. I saw the news story this morning, and I can see the reason the network wanted to move away from the mascot. To me it was something that I was familiar with. Something cute and good in the world. With so much bad in the world at the moment we need some reminders of the good. I do understand times changing though. As for the MTV VMA nominations, I'm not too shocked at who ended up on top. Green Day has been a hit this year with their American Idiot release. I know its one of my favorite CD's.

Also some good news to report on my end, I've been added onto the staff at a new erotic romance book review site, Erotica Romance Reviews for Women. I received my frst assignment today, and I'm looking forward to working with the site. I'll be reading e-books from various publishers, and from what I've heard the site will do well. So keep an eye out for that. I'll let you know which book I'm reviewing as soon as I receive it. I have the title, but I'm not sure of author or publisher at this time, so I want to know all the information before I say anything!

Another quick note, I know a lot of you are headed off to the RWA Conference. Some have already left. Have fun, be safe, and learn as much as you can. From what I hear, the conference is an experience. I'm not an RWA member, but that might change at some point in the future. Although I'm not really sure on that yet.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone!

1 comments:

SuzanH said...

Hope the muses don't hide forever. And I hope your week calms down a bit.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind