116. Busy times - Announcement

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Sometimes things happen, and you somehow just knew you made the right decision. The other night I closed my personal journal because of things being negative on the site it was placed, and not even 24 hours later, I was shown that I had the right choice. Funny how things work like that right? I've been thinking a lot about things lately, and I know at times I let the events of the world around me and my moods distract me from my chosen goals. That goal to be an author, have my stories published, as well as continue my nonfiction writing pursuits. That is what I am doing now. I'm moving forward because that is all you can do.

For the last few months, I've been wanting a place to post some fiction I write. Not all of it. Sometimes prompts come up on message boards or a scene comes into my head that I know won't be used at that point anywhere. The chance is those snippets might never make it in my work. I sometimes stop myself from even getting these ideas out of my head and down onto the screen because no one will ever really see them. So last night, I sat staring at my blogger dashboard, and I contemplated started a fiction blog. Just a place for me to post my fiction. Of course the questions started. Why another blog? Why not just post your fiction in the one you have? All these questions and more floated through my mind. Why don't I just post my fiction here? I always felt weird doing so. Plus, some of fiction is quite hot, and I don't know the range of ages of people that normally do visit this blog. I also decided I wanted a separate blog so that I can attach my fiction pen name to it.

I went to bed at 5:30 this morning going over the thoughts about this in my head. Did I really want to do it? Well, when I woke up this afternoon, I decided I really did. In fact, it might even help me writing more fiction than I am now. Some of those drabbles or snippets could become something else down the line. They could spark an idea that could turn into a full blown novel. You never know. I might create a character or write a scene I can't use now, but can use at some point down the road. The fiction blog won't be updated daily, but updated as I have something new to share.

So I give to you: Eroticisms.

I will let you know when I update my fiction blog with a post in here. Right now you can read a short story I posted on the Literotica site I posted back in November.

In other news, I need to write a review of Beautiful Bodies still. I'm still mulling the book over. I'm not sure on how I want to proceed. Tonight is also the series finale of Queer as Folk. I'll need to review not one but two episodes since Showtime has decided to air the final two episodes together in the United States. I also think I found Kaelin and Daniel, and I wrote some of Crash into me last night. Maybe sometime I'll post a very small snippet over in Eroticisms, so you can all see them and see why I love these two so much.

Congrats to all the Golden Heart and RITA winners. Everyone should be home from RWA Nationals soon. We can get rid of that ghost town feelings we've had this week.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

1 comments:

jiggyflyjoe said...

Woohoo for a new fiction blog! I will be adding it to my Bloglines account shortly. ;)

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind