151. Busy day and an announcement

Friday, September 02, 2005

The last twenty-four hours have been busy as hell for me. I'm not getting much writing done, but I am working on things that are writing related, and that are time consuming. For the past few weeks, I'd been pondering a home for my reviews and possibly expanding my reviews once the fall season got underway. I review a number of things for various different sites, but I don't have one central location for all my reviews, which could be used as a sample of my writing. Having one place where everything is makes it easier to look for work as I've heard because you can send the editor or publisher you're applying with straight to a central site that is full of clips.

So I'd been pondering this, and with it hitting September, this means the new television season is about to get underway. Some shows are already premiering, so yesterday I decided to make my focus getting a place ready to post my reviews. I plan to review a number of television shows and also include reviews of movies, books, and music releases. This will include content that is posted elsewhere plus original content only found on that site.

It probably shouldn't have taking as long to set up as it did. I tried a few different blog templates, and none of them were cooperating with me. I've mentioned my hate for HTML in the past. Yesterday, my hate for it only grew. Once setting on a template, it them came time to submit it to search engines. After a few small changes today, I'm now ready to formally announce my new review blog: One Couch Critic. At this time I plan to recap and review Lost, The O.C., Grey's Anatomy, and ER. I'll also take a look at new shows when they premiere and give my thoughts on those.

Setting up something new is some time consuming. Once you have it set into motion, it gets easier, but the last twenty-four hours have given me a headache. Creating the site needed to be done, and I'm the type of person that wants it all done now, and not a little bit at a time. Sure, I'll make small additions and changes, but I want the majority of the work done as soon as I can. I think having a central place for my reviews that isn't just a link to somewhere else will be a good tool for me. Once this blog became more of a daily blog for me, I felt weird posting the exact text of my reviews here. I will continue to link things on here, but those links will now go to my own blog once new reviews are up.

This weekend I have to write up my two assigned reviews. I'm about halfway through my second review book now, and all I need to do is write up my review on the first one. I also need to get back to work on my WIP's this weekend. i might join in one of the fiction challenges happening over at Evolution this weekend to get back into the swing of things. Once things are settled with my nonfiction, I should be able to get right back into things fiction wise.

Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

Gina, what a great new blog and idea! I hope it works out well for you!!

Regina Avalos said...

Thank you, Kelly! I think it might, but we will have to see. I tend to review a lot, and this will allow me a bit more freedom with content. I can write shorter reviews that wouldn't normally be publishable on a paying site. I guess we will see how things go. I think starting it now before the fall season gets fully underway was a smart decision.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind