160. Are you ready for some football?

Sunday, September 11, 2005

My football team is about to lose. With the start of the fall season and September, we have the return of football. This year’s season started this past Thursday, but it doesn’t feel like football to me if it isn’t played on a Sunday. I woke up early, and plopped myself down in front of the television set, just like a bunch of other football fanatics across the country did. I have three favorite teams - my local area Arizona Cardinals, the Indianapolis Colts and the St. Louis Rams.

Arizona is playing on television now, and the game started out good, but it is ending in a blowout, and it is my team getting blown out! I’m the type of football fan that will scream and curse at the screen, as well cheer my team on. Indianapolis is the night game, and St Louis is playing now but not on TV here. I even participate in a couple of fantasy football games online. Anyone else out there football fans? I'm not big on college, but the pros got me. If so, what are your favorites? If football isn't your passion, then what sport is?

On the writing, front, I’ve been keeping fairly busy. Having your own review site isn’t easy, but I’m willing to work at it because I think in the end it will pay off for me. I’m looking at different ways to promote, and I’m quite happy with the results so far. I’m up to close to 1100 hits. That’s in just a little bit over a week. Not bad for a new site.

With the fall season getting really in full swing this week and next, I’ll have more work to do there, but I see it this way when it comes to television shows – I watch them anyway! I won’t watch a show I don’t enjoy to just a review it. I started to watch Reunion this week, and it just didn’t grab me at all! I turned it off. Reviewing shows I watch adds at most thirty minutes to an hour of writing time.

Fiction wise, I’m getting back into that as well. I wrote a short fan fiction drabble that I posted to my fiction blog last night, and it’s received some positive feedback. That’s why I love about fan fiction. The feedback is immediate. I’m still pondering my short. I really want to get that out soon. My focus just hasn’t been on my fiction this week, but I do plan on changing that. I’ve made a personal goal challenge of 5,000 fiction words this month. I’m calling it a mini-lunacy. Last month, I wrote 10,000, 5,000 should be doable.

Last night, I was sitting at my desk when I realized the date. It was just after midnight, and I sat here and reflected. I won’t go into detail about this date. Suffice to say, September 11th, 2001 has never been far from my thoughts. I may not live in the area, but my heart broke with the tragedy, just as my heart broke with the recent tragedy. Today while surfing through Blogexplosion, I found a post telling of one person’s experience on this day four years ago. We shall never forget – just as we will never forget the victims of this most recent tragedy either.

NOTE:I'm not sure where my mind was earlier because I somehow posted this to my fiction blog instead, and I just now noticed. Maybe Blogger messed up! Well, its here now! I really hope you had a great day everyone.

1 comments:

Gina, that's great on the success of your reviewer blog and all the traffic you are getting! Takes determination to gather your readers and you're pulling through. =D

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind