158. Monthly goal and TV ramblings

Friday, September 09, 2005

I’ve been up for almost five hours, and I went to bed at 3:30 last night. This to me is just shocking. This is the woman usually in bed with the sunrise, and waking up past noon every day. I even told my brother I couldn’t remember the last time I woke up and was ready to begin my day before 11am. Definitely different, and it seems I am getting more done.

Things aren’t as stressful this week as they were last week. I’m working steadily on my review blog, and things seem to be falling back into place. I’m hoping to get back into the fiction side of things sometime this weekend. I know I said that last weekend, but some things came up last weekend that just made it impossible for me to focus.

Plus, the beginning of the month is always tough for me physically, so I usually have problems being creative then. However, I am setting a goal for the month of 5,000 fiction words for September. This is about half of what I wrote last month, but it is still a good goal, and I have more on my plate nonfiction wise this month. Since I write mostly short fiction I should be able to get some good stuff done.

Last night, we had football. New England beat Oakland. We also had the premiere of The OC. My review of the premiere episode is up on my review blog if you want to hop on over and take a look. Following the premiere of The OC, the series premiere of Reunion aired. I turned it off within 20 minutes. It just didn’t grab me. It seemed like 24 – OC style, and I’m not sure how long it will last. The reviews are mixed. People either loved it or hated it. FOX is even repeating it tonight following the benefit concert. We’ll have to how that goes this season.

A good many of the new shows are premiering next week. I’m looking forward to checking out Bones, Surface and Supernatural. Invasion is also on my list, but that show doesn’t premiere until the 21st, in a time slot following Lost. There has been some buzz with Invasion because in the series premiere we have a fictional Hurricane hitting Florida, and there is some concern it might hit a bit too close to home for some viewers. Awful timing. I’m still looking forward to the show though. What new shows are you looking forward to?

Hope you’re all well. Tried to post this earlier, but Blogger went down for maintenance on me. Have a great day everyone!

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind