161. Good news!

Monday, September 12, 2005

A very busy day! Late last night, I received some good news in my email. I had been waiting to hear on the job I had spoken about last week here in my blog. I’m impatient, and even though they mentioned things might not be set up until this week, I was still hoping to hear something sooner. Well, I heard back with an agreement which I readily accepted after going over the numbers in my head and with my brother, who knows numbers quite well because he’s been a salesman in the past. We sat down and discussed it, and he told me to take it. I had planned to already, but he said it looked like a wonderful opportunity.

The email came with odd timing because my horoscope for Sunday spoke of a pending career opportunity that will be quite positive for me. Well, I believe it is safe for me to speak about my new position at this time. I heard back this morning, and my parts of the site should be up this week at some point, as early as tomorrow possibly. The site I will be working for is called Media Village. It is an up and coming media site with a focus on television. The site already has a decent traffic

The site has news, blogs and forums targeted to specific shows. My position will be as blogger and forum leader, in charge of the running of three to four forums. At this time, it looks like my forums will be on The OC, Real World/Road Rules, and Lost. I might also have a forum for Grey’s Anatomy. My blogs will be the reviews and recaps that now appear on my blog One Couch Critic and any additional posts I may make covering TV and entertainment news of the day.

I am quite excited about this opportunity, and I think it could be the start of something really positive when it comes to my nonfiction-writing career. I will let everyone know here when my forums are up and running. My forums aren’t the only ones that will be on the board; so make sure to check the site out once everything is set.

Over on my review blog, I have a book review up of Seeing Red by Jill Shalvis. I really enjoyed this book, so head on over to my review blog to check out my review on this May 2005 release. I also was able to get a bit of work done on one of WIP's last night, but everything is so crazed right now, I'm trying to get everything done with my new job at the moment.

Hope everyone is well! Have a wonderful evening.

1 comments:

Yay, Gina! Congrats! That's wonderful news. I'm so glad you accepted the position. Good luck!!

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind