176. You know a day is bad when ...

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

You're not even fully awake for a minute, and the day has already gone downhill. Woke up around 10:30 this morning to let the cat out of prison - aka my bedroom. Heard water running in the bathroom. Brother had a doctor appointment at 10am so either he missed it, or someone broke in and wanted to wash up first! Yes, I know not funny, but I'm trying to find the humor in this day. My dad opens the bathroom door, and I blink a couple of times because he works the 5am and 1pm. He looks at me, "Our car is gone."

WELL ... isn't that wonderful. We'd been having some problems the last few months, but we'd just talked to the bank last week, and everything had been straightened out. Or so we thought. They wanted us to send in a payment this week, and we were about to but then they took the car. Which I don't understand, but what can you do? They said one thing and did another. Just puts dad in a bit of a bind now. Things are a bit stressful, but everything else had been fixed in the last month, and we thought that included the car. Like I said definitely a case of them saying one thing and doing another. Lovely.

In the stress of the moment, I had a small accident, and somehow twisted wrong, so now my side hurts. If I move around too much it hurts. No bruising but the pain is bad if I move around. Luckily, all I do most of the day is sit here at the computer. Just not the best of days, and my mood is shot to hell. I know I could have it worse. I know things will end up okay. Just for right now, they really aren't. Not much I can do either.

Good news is I'm moving ahead with the additions to For Hire. Although the title will have to change now because it won't work with the new story. Wrote another couple of pages last night. And now I'm going to try to work on the additional scenes for the end tonight. I just need to keep it under 8,000 words because I found a new market for it, and they only take between 5,000 to 8,000. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are big television nights with me. I review three shows each night, so hopefully I won't be too drained. I also have to write the book review for two assignments I've been given, a book review for ERRW and a CD review of a CD I received in the mail a couple of days ago from Blogcritics. Read the book and listened to the CD. I just need to find time to write them up. So yes this is a very busy week for me. I'll get through it. One thing at a time.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

4 comments:

It really does seem like when one thing goes wrong, everything bad follows, doesn’t it? On the opposite side of that, once the good things begin to happen, they come in groups, too.

And it sounds like you and your family are definitely due for a happy streak!

Great blog, Gina. Thanks for paying a visit to mine, and pop on over any time! :-D

Regina Avalos said...

I would say from your mouth to God's ears, but you're not speaking. So I'll say from your fingertips to God's eyes.

Thanks for stopping by. I'll be stopping by more often. I added it to my RSS reader.

Oh my gosh...so sorry about the car. That's crazy. I hope things work out.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry about the car!!!

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind