159. And you say ...

Saturday, September 10, 2005

It's funny how you can hear a song, and it takes you back to an earlier time. A time where things might have been just a little bit simpler, a time where you were a much different person than you are. Music seems to be such a big part of my life, and it always has been. I have songs that I relate to time periods in my life, and if I hear them I'm taken back to that time, and sometimes it makes me a bit melancholy because so much has changed since those times. I downloaded this one song a couple of weeks back, Stay by Lisa Loeb, and I finally got around to burning it to CD in the last day or so, and when it began to play I was taken back to 1994. I was a freshman in high school, and I was seeing this guy I met there. Our whole relationship was a bit topsy-turvy, and we only lasted about two years. He still emails or calls here from time to time. For all I know, he might read this blog or stumble across it sometime.

I'm such a different person than I was back then. I was young and stupid. I was denying things about myself that everyone else saw. I was not writing because I had allowed a high school teacher get under my skin when he told me I couldn't write.  At that point in high school, writing was all I wanted to do with my life. I stopped though, and it wasn't until after college that I tried again. That was in 2000, and I've been writing ever since. I've been slow to get my name out there, but it is starting to happen. I'm even dealing with my writing differently than I did five years ago.

I've just changed so much. I keep changing. I've said in here change is inevitable. Change is also constant. Each and everyday you learn something new about the world around you. You learn and you grow, no matter your age. Change never stops, and you really don't want it to because change is also what makes things interesting. It keeps you on your toes. Sure, some changes are harder than others, but they are good too. Probably not when they are in the process of happening, but later on? When you look back at the change that occurred, all the hurt and pain that came along with whatever changed was worth it.

I'm happy with the person I am now, but I know that the person I am now won't be the person I am a year from now or possibly even a month from now. You never know when things may change. People may come and go in your life. You may change things you do in your life. No matter what brings about those changes, things will change - whether you like it or not.

Hope you're all well. Have a great Saturday!

2 comments:

Yes, everyone and everything changes. Hopefully for the better! =)

Anonymous said...

Music always does that to me.

I have lots of posts about music and how I remembered something when I heard a certain song or how it affected me when I heard it.

Mostly I cry !

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind