334. Thinking ahead and looking back

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

It seems things are finally settling in. I have my schedule more under control, and my days aren't as stressful as they used to be. Firefox has been a big help on that front. It makes my traffic surfing run a bit smoother than it does in Internet Explorer. Not as many virus pop-ups and the like, which in my book is always a good thing. I'm able to get more done in the morning and afternoon hours, and this is freeing my evenings up a little bit. Not a lot, but some. This will help some when the television season returns in the fall. I'm already dreading Thursday nights with three shows to review, and when The O.C. returns that will be a fourth to add into the mix. However, ER is only airing through December, so maybe things won't be as crazed. It'll just be November really. Can't worry too much about something that is still months away. I'll have to wait and see what happens.

As I'd mentioned the other day, my older cat is having a bit of control problem. It is only getting worse in the last couple of days. It is horrid to walk into a room and smell that smell, and know your cat has done something. Well, yesterday he did it right in front of my brother all over his clothes, and today it was my turn. We definitely need to go and have him fixed and soon. As much as I love my cats, having JJ doing this in the house is really getting tiring. It's not like we don't have two litter boxes in the house, cleaned daily or every other day at the most. There is no reason for him to be having this problem really. We'll just have to deal with it until we can get him to the vet and have it taken care of. He is going to hate us. I know that for sure.

On another note, I believe today ended the Jennifer story line on my soap opera, As The World Turns. I've talked about this story line before on my blog. I have never been so engrossed in a soap opera story line before. Today was Jennifer's memorial service on the series, and I have to commend the writers on the series for making a wonderful story for us viewers. It wasn't just Jennifer's story they told, but they have also shown how her death has effected the entire family and those that knew her. Everyone is effected when someone dies. From the very young to the very old, and As The World Turns showed that. From her husband not wanting to leave her bedside even though she had in fact been dead for hours to her little step-brother being angry with God for having taken her away even though he had prayed to him for her survival. I kept finding myself tearing up at the different points, and I really do think the writers did a wonderful job here.

Last but not least, I'd like to thank my Blog of the Week for allowing me to be their Blog of the Week. They have allowed me to live on their sidebar for the next week, so why don't you head on over and check out Stellar Winds. Today you can read about her having to completely restore her computer and losing her MS Office discs. I'm sure we've all been there.

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind