340. It's all about time

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Earlier my brother went out to buy a new watch because his died a quick and painless death, and he figured instead of putting the money out for a new battery, he might as well just spend a few more dollars and buy a new watch. Thing is the one he bought wouldn't let either of us to set the time. We both tried. So he took he back already, and he exchanged it for another one. We had a minor disagreement that could have turned ugly a few moments after the exchange with the watch, and the incidents combined really made me start thinking.

Life is all about time. Finding time to do all the things you want to do in life. Sometimes it is hard to find the time to do everything though. Sometimes people are always on the go, and they don't stop to appreciate life. They are so focused on things that the rest of the world be damned. I'm a very big homebody. I spend hours of my day here in my room and online. It's part of what I do. I work using the Internet and my computer. It's part of being a writer. I do leave the house more than I used to, but I don't get out a whole lot.

My brother made a point of mentioning this today, and it sort of angered me a bit because I do try to get out of the house more than I actually end up getting out. I just am not fortunate to have a driver's license. I just don't like driving. In 100+ degree heat, walking isn't an option. I ask my brother and my father for rides when I need to get something done. I ask my father, and I know whatever I need to get done will get done within a day or two. Sometimes within a few hours or less. Ask my brother? He pulls out the calendar, and he says well I can do it next Wednesday. It may be Monday now, and yes that means I'd have to wait over a week.

I know that he has his things to do, but most of the things I need to do are quick items. Maybe thirty minutes out and back, quick errands. So I really stopped asking my brother to do things, and my father told me to as well. So today when he brought up that I should really get out more, I brought it up, and he ended the discussion. I basically told him that I would get out more that if I asked him for the little trips out he would be better about it. He basically told me that he couldn't do my schedule around me, so we would agree to disagree.

I'm not sure when I asked him to do his schedule around me! I understand he is busy with his life and all I ask is something a little better than penciling me in a week from Wednesday. Last week, I asked for a trip to go pick up new rechargeable batteries for my wireless mouse. He said if dad couldn't do it, he would. The next day he asked me what batteries I needed and then he went out to get them himself. I didn't even leave the house. I appreciated the batteries, but I would have liked getting out of the house for a little bit too.

So how hard is it to find the time? We all have busy lives to lead, but if you can't find the time for the little things then maybe you're focusing too hard. At least that's what I think. Have a great night everyone and while you're here don't forget to check my Blog of the Week!

2 comments:

Vanda said...

Hello from England.

"Sometimes people are always on the go, and they don't stop to appreciate life".

Do you know my BIL and SIL? LOL.

I just wanted to tell you I'm enjoying reading your blog. Hope you don't mind that I've added you to my feeds.

Regina Avalos said...

Don't mind at all! Hello back from Arizona.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind