Cyber Monday?

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

What in the world is this? Seems they keep finding days to name. Cyber Monday is another one of those shopping holidays. Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving, and cyber monday is the Monday after Thanksgiving. The holidays are far off still, but it does seem like time only moves faster as the year goes on. Six months ago I was waiting for the holidays because I had just bought a concert ticket that was in April. Now here it is April, and the concert is on Friday. Time does seem to fly, and before we know it the holidays will be here, and it will be time to start shopping for Christmas.

With more people shopping online as I do regularly myself, retailers are starting to make even better deals for holiday shopping online. That is what Cyber Monday is all about. I know I found some great deals online during my holiday shopping. The Internet is also making it easier to know where to shop to get the best deals. With store websites, you can plan out your shopping in advance, and know where to hit. I remember when I was younger and had to go from store to store shopping for the holidays. My mom used to buy gifts for everyone she knew. She was a power shopper, and she would start first thing in the morning, and we'd be walking around the stores all day.

She had this amazing way of knowing where to go, and how to find the best deals. There was no Internet, no cyber Monday. We had Black Friday though. We've always had that. A lot of stores are making deals for the shopping holiday. I know last year Wal-Mart had a special sale online just for cyber Monday. Times are just changing it seems. Ten years ago we wouldn't even be thinking about shopping online as much as we do now. Now it part of our way of living.

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind