Remembering

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I've always been fascinated with space. That great expanse out there where other worlds and probably species far different from our own live. There are nights where I go outside and stand there just to look at the stars. Whenever I hear about some celestial event, whether it be an eclipse or a meteor shower, I'm out there to at least try to catch a tiny glimpse. I watch so many things about space, fiction and reality based, that it isn't funny. Many of my favorite shows or movies are about space, take place in space or are about people from space. The truth is out there. I was a huge X-files nut when that show was on. Yesterday, when I heard of the passing of Arthur C Clarke, I was immediately saddened. Yesterday was a sad day with also the death of Anthony Minghella, an amazing director who I have enjoyed watching the work of in the past. 2001: A Space Odyssey is known by all to be a classic, and Arthur will surely be missed.

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind