Blogging Your Blessing Sunday 11/11

Sunday, November 11, 2007



Another week has passed, and here is Sunday upon us already. Where does the week go really? This week, I've been talking a lot about my father. He is a blessing in my life. He is old, cranky and set in his ways, but I know I am very lucky to have him in my life. I know if it wasn't for him, I might not be here today. Him and my mother adopted me when I was only three months old. If they hadn't opened their home to me, I would have become a ward of the state after an incident with my birth parents. Instead, my grandparents took me in.

My mother, or in reality was my grandmother, couldn't stomach another family raising me. So she talked her husband into taking me in. I don't see them as my grandparents. I never have. They were always just mom and dad. Today is Veteran's Day here in the States, and my father fought in WWII as a marine. I often wonder if a lot of his behaviors are attributed to this. He's a great man though, and I consider myself very blessed to have him in my life to this day.

Have a great week everyone.

1 comments:

Paulie said...

And what a blessing each of us have in our father.

Come and see my entry about time.

Happy BYB Sunday!

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind